Python is a pretty simple programming language, so even if you are a beginner, you can learn python without facing any issues. Python was developed by Guido van Rossum. Python is named after the comedy television show Monty Python’s Flying Circus. It is not named after the Python snake. Python is broad and flexible and has a simple syntax, so most of the developers prefer to use Python as a programming language to begin programming.
Key Features of Python
- Open Source & Free: Python is an open-source programming language. Python has a free version to download and use. This means you can download it for free and use it in your application.
- Easy to Learn: Learning python is easy as this is an expressive and high-level programming language. Python code has a simple syntax and a clean structure which makes it easy to learn and easy to read.
- Cross-platform: Python can run on various operating systems such as Mac, Windows, Linux, Unix, etc. Python code written on one platform will work smoothly without any error or issue on any other platform that has the Python interpreter i.e. IDE installed. This feature makes python a cross-platform and portable language.
- Large standard library: Python has a wide range of Libraries that help use to code efficiently. The use of libraries makes our code more clean, brief and readable. Example, the numpy is the library can do calculation much faster than traditional python.
- Supports exception handling: If you are a beginner, you may not be aware of Exception Handling? An exception is an event that can occur during program exception and can disrupt the normal flow of the program. Python supports exception handling which means we can write less error-prone code and can test various scenarios that can cause an exception in the future.
Python can be used for?
- Data Analytics: Data analysis and data visualization in the form of charts can also be developed using Python. Libraries like NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib make it useful for scientific computing. Python is the top-ranked language used for data science and Machine learning.
- Machine learning: Machine learning is a type of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides computers with the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed. Machine learning focuses on the development of Computer Programs that can change when exposed to new data. For example, product recommendation in websites like Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, etc. is a machine learning algorithm that recognizes user’s interest. Ads are shown to you by Google while surfing the internet. Python programming language is the most used language for Machine Learning applications.
- Scripting: Scripting is writing small programs to automate simple tasks such as sending automated response emails, FTP files, etc. Such types of applications can also be written in Python programming language.
- GUI: You can develop a Graphical User Interface (GUI) in Python using libraries like TKinter or QT.
- Game development: You can develop games using Python.
- Web development: Web frameworks like Django and Flask are based on Python. They help you write code which helps you manage database, write backend programming logic, mapping URLs, etc.
Python is a great option, whether you are a beginning programming looking to learn the basics, an experienced programmer designing a large application, or anywhere in between. Python can be downloaded from python.org. If you are a beginner I would recommend you to install Anaconda Software as it makes life easier for Python developers. For step by step guidance to Install Anaconda.
Let me know your view on the tutorial .
Once you have downloaded any Installed… what Next?